Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dare I say it, but....

I am enjoying working out. **GASP** Yes, I said it. Mark it on your calenders. I have exercised 14 of the last 17 days.

I love Zumba, and the elliptical is more of a friendly acquaintance now as opposed to the horrid stranger it was a few weeks ago. I just finished running 2 miles in 23 minutes, which doesn't put me at marathon status by any means, but I think I have graduated from the running-up-the-stairs-puts-me-out-of-breath category. Big accomplishment.

So, here is the obstacle I run into. As I progress in my attempts to be fit, I find myself feeling guilty for everything, or convincing myself that what I am doing is not good enough.

Have any of you ever encountered that? What do you do to combat those thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. I can't honestly say I've ever run into this obstacle because I've never gotten that far in my attempt to be fit! So, congratulations! You're a Rock Star, Woot! Woot!

    Tell those stupid messages, voices or whatever they are to Shut Up! You are doing great and even if you didn't change one thing about your eating the changes the exercise will make in the long run will be amazing. Just wait and see in a few months the difference will be so obvious! I'm so proud of you ~ Tell Mikayla that her Mommy is Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love your Mom. :) She is as smart as you are.

    I know what you're saying & we know that those kinds of thoughts are not of the Lord. I just had a discussion w/ my sister today about doing the best we can "one day at a time." That is all we can do. Love God, love others & love ourselves as He first loved us TODAY. That is all we can do & that is enough.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete